PRIVACY STATEMENT PAGE
This document describes how we at Great Southern Loan Pty Ltd A.C.N. 092 681 251 manage personal information.
1. The National Privacy Principles From 21 December 2001, most private sector organisations in Australia must, by law, comply with the National Privacy Principles ("NPPs"). We are bound by and comply with the NPPs.
2. Collecting personal information about you The kinds of personal information we hold: we only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities which consist of the origination and administration of loans and related activities. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon your dealings with us and the circumstances in which it was collected, but may include:
- information you provide to us when you apply for a loan or when you offer to guarantee a loan. This information will include your name, address and contact details, and, if applicable, identification information relevant to applications requiring compliance with the Financial Transactions Reports Act.
- financial information about you such as your financial position and details of your salary or wage, and information obtained from credit checks carried out during the loan approval process (but only if you have authorised such checks to be carried out).
- information about the progress of any loan provided to you, or which you have guaranteed, including your communications with us.
3. Using and disclosing your personal information The purposes for which we collect and hold personal information and how we use and disclose it. We respect your privacy. Any personal information which we collect about you will be used by us to assess your application for a loan or offer to provide a guarantee, and to facilitate provision and administration of loans and related activities. In order to do this, we may disclose your personal information to:
- professional advisers such as solicitors, accountants and valuers;
- mortgage insurers;
- government agencies such as those which administer land titles and revenue or (where applicable) foreign investments;
- credit reporting agencies and mercantile agents;
- external auditors; and
- other organisations which participate in funding, providing and administering your loan or the loan you have guaranteed, such as the trustee of the fund from which the loan is sourced.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services offered or distributed by us. To do that we may disclose your information to our service providers (see below). Contracting out services and disclosures. We also disclose personal information to organisations to whom we outsource functions, such as mailing and printing houses, IT providers or a mortgage servicer which organisations assist us to service and administer your loan or the loan you have guaranteed, or provide you with information about products and services offered or distributed by us.
4. Access to your personal information In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the NPPs. Requests for access should be directed to the Privacy Officer, whose contact details are set out below.
5. What to do if you would like more information about how we manage your personal information or wish to complain about a breach of your privacy If you would like more information about the way we manage our personal information or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by calling us on (02) 8231 6657, or by writing to us at PO Box 1003 POTTS POINT NSW 1335 or email: email@example.com.